Thursday, January 26, 2012

German-English translation?

Embarrassingly, I study German, but a German friend of mine used this phrase the other day:

"Du hast wohl einen im Tee?!"...

Does anyone know what it means?German-English translation?
It means: " You must be drunk?"

Originates from the north of Germany where they used to have rum in the tea.
If you didn't understand what he said then, why didn't you just ask?German-English translation?
" ' " You probably have one in tea " ' "
i think it means; 'You probably have one in the tea.'German-English translation?
Do you have probably one in the tea?



I sure do hope they aren't talking about drugs...lol
einen im tee haben means to be tipsy :-)



I'm Austrian and we don't really use this phrase but I've been to Northern Germany and I have heard it there quite a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment