Monday, January 30, 2012

Help needed with exact German - English translation?

I'm looking to add English subtitles to Die Toten Hosen's music video to "Paradies". So far so good, but I'm wondering how to go about this verse:



Ich will nicht ins Paradies, - I don't want to go to paradise

wenn der Weg dorthin so schwierig ist - if the way there is so difficult



This is the part I need help with.

"und bevor ich auf den Knien fleh,

bleib ich meinetwegen hier."



At first I translated it to "and before I beg on my knees, I'll stay here for my sake". But now, I'm starting to think that "As for me, I'll stay here before I beg on my knees", would be the better choice. Does that sound correct to you?Help needed with exact German - English translation?
I think the first translation is the more correct one

and before I fall on my knees and beg

I'd rather stay here for my own sakeHelp needed with exact German - English translation?
"und bevor ich auf den Knien fleh,

bleib ich meinetwegen hier."

and before i plea on my knees

i'll stay here for my sakeHelp needed with exact German - English translation?
yes,it does.

hmm, "and before i beg on my knees,i'll stay here for my sake"

No comments:

Post a Comment