Thursday, January 26, 2012

German to English translation?

Can someone who speaks German fluently or is a native speaker tell me if this translation is correct, if not please provide the corrections:



The German lyrics:

Niemand und Nichts nehmen wir mit

Und irgendwann schau'n wir auf jetzt zur眉ck



Lass dich zu mir treiben

Ich lass mich zu dir treiben



My English translation of the German lyrics:

Nothing and nobody is coming along

And one day we will look back

to now



Let yourself drift towards me

I let myself drift towards you



Is this correct?



Thanks you :)German to English translation?
yur translation is close to perfect! "wir nehmen mit" is "we take along / with us" though, the first sentence should be "we take nothing nor nobody with us / along", but the sequence of the words is emphasizing the nothing nor nobody.. so "Nothing nor nobody we (will) take along" is closer.

And yes, Ich dreh mich um = I turn around. Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment